Asia Eye Centre Cataract & Retina Specialist
Diagnosing diseases of the Retina requires technical equipment and complex investigations. Treatments require extreme precision, and often involve microsurgical procedures. Dr Tan’s expertise in diagnosing and treating these complex disorders makes her one of the leaders in this field.
Dr. Tan is an expert in her field and sits on the Advisory Boards of several major industry partners like Bayer and Novartis. In this role, she and her international colleagues define the treatment strategies in the complex field of managing retinal conditions like age-related macular degeneration and diabetic maculopathy. She is also regularly invited to speak and teach on these topics at numerous international conferences.
Her area of special expertise includes:
- Cataracts, including complicated or difficult cataracts requiring complex surgical techniques
- Retinal tears and Retinal detachments
- High myopia (short-sightedness)
- Myopia-related retinal diseases e.g. macular degeneration and bleeding
- Degenerative eye diseases e.g. age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Diabetic eye diseases (diabetic retinopathy and macular edema)
- Retinal vessel diseases e.g. vein occlusions/blockages
- Eye diseases related to disorders like hypertension, autoimmune diseases, etc
- Macular diseases e.g. epiretinal membranes, macula holes, etc.
- Inherited and congenital eye diseases
- Severe eye trauma
She also deals with a large range of general eye disorders:
- Minor eye trauma
- Eye infections and inflammation